How to Make and Cancel an Appointment
You can book appointments online:
Or you can make an appointment by telephoning 01295 256261. This line is busiest before 11.00am. If possible please phone later, especially if you are requesting a routine appointment. If you require a book on the day appointment please phone at 8am, or soon after.
We are happy for you to see any of our doctors, however it is often better to stay with one doctor for continuity of care, especially during one episode of illness and we will try to accommodate this but it may not always be possible.
We offer the following types of appointments:
- eConsult. You can contact your GP via the internet any time of the day or night by visiting our website and completing an eConsult. You will be asked to complete a short questionnaire about your condition and this will be emailed to the practice and saved into your medical record. We will contact you back before the end of the next working day. If the GP or other suitable clinician can deal with your condition over the telephone they will do this, or they may ask you to come in for a face to face appointment if an examination is required.
- Monday Walk in Clinic - this operates at South Bar House between 08:30 and 10:30am. You can come to the surgery with no need to book, check in with a Receptionist and sit and wait until a GP or Nurse Prescriber becomes available to see you.
- Urgent - If you feel that your problem warrants urgent treatment we offer a telephone call with the Duty Doctor. He/she will call you, discuss your condition, and ask you to come to the surgery where it is appropriate to do so.
- On the Day Appointments - We hold a number of appointments that are bookable on the day. These are in strong demand so patients are advised to phone early in the morning. Please note there are no "On the Day Appointments" on a Monday as these are provided via our Walk In Clinic.
- Routine - You can choose to consult the doctor of your choice by appointment at the morning or afternoon surgery. Routine appointments will be offered at the first available time. Please allow for at least a 3 week wait when booking a routine appointment.
We use an SMS text service to remind patients of the date of their appointment, which helps to cut down on the number of patients who fail to turn up. Please make sure the reception staff have your up to date mobile number and address details so that we can contact you when we need to.
Book face-to-face or remote appointments with your GP, nurse or clinician at a time that suits you.
Your details and information are protected by the highest standards of online security, so all you need to worry about is what to do with the spare time you’ve earnt.
Problems booking online appointments?
Before you call us.